23. If you want to do something, do it. People will be skeptical, people will tell you a million reasons it won’t work. But if you feel you can do it, you probably can. And more than that, you’ll regret it if you don’t. Au pairing was the greatest adventure of my life. It changed the way I think about life, and the way I live my life.
22. On that note, coming home to finish my degree, thus having to return from my new home, was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, though definitely also one of the hardest.
21. I’m going to Dubrovnik on my honeymoon.
20. If you get the urge to get bangs, go for it (just don’t use skype for your mirror…).
19. Getting a Kindle, though I am a forever-lover of print, is a brilliant, brilliant decision. Eleven books in one month? Yes.
18. Though far away in terms of distance, you really do keep those you love close in your heart, no matter where you are.
17. Attending a University in a foreign country was, by far, one of the most eye-opening experiences. I learned so much not only in a school sense, but in a cultural sense. And I was able to participate…in another language. One of my childhood dreams came true. Still so surreal.
16. People that are meant to come into your life, do. I can’t control that; I can only have faith.
15. It really is about perspective & where you put your joy.
14. Blogging is still, by far, one of the greatest things I have decided to do.
13. I can actually cook. Real food. And some wickedly scrumptious home-made break. Yup.
12. Graduating from college is extremely exciting, but equally terrifying. But it’s normal to feel that way. I’m going to be ok.
11. We’re all going to run into a lot of nay sayers in life. Let’s ignore them– better yet, let’s prove them wrong.
10. People come into our lives when they’re meant to, just as much as they leave our lives when they’re meant to.
9. Copenhagen causes me to burst into tears. I love it that much. I never, ever knew.
8. There are a lot of things I need to quit being afraid of & just try.
7. People you don’t see very often, or know particularly well, have the ability to tell you things that stay with you forever. (and things you most need to hear.)
6. Life in your twenties is pretty tricky, & exciting, and really, really scary. It’s ok to feel that.
5. I actually loved riding a bike as my main mode of transportation.
4. I need to embrace uncertainty.
3. I need to be more patient.
2. Being vulnerable is brave.
1. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such wonderful family & friends. I am surrounded by blessings.
Thank you so much for letting me share these special life moments & lessons with you. I am forever thankful for your support! Love, love, love.